Answered By: Amy Campbell Last Updated: Jul 12, 2017 Views: 4
TigerWeb normally displays this error if there is a problem with your TigerID or password or if your account has gotten locked from too many attempts.
- Did you use any special characters (such as *) in your password? Sometimes the TigerID Wizard allows incorrect passwords to be created, but TigerWeb will then reject those passwords.
Here are the full password rules:
• You may use 8 to 16 characters.
• You should include all three of these: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number
• You may also use certain special characters, but DO NOT use any of these: ( ) * ! # \ $ _ - @
• Please do not use any part of your name or birthdate in your password.
- Make sure you are logging in with your correct TigerID (and not your A-number). You can look up your TigerID by using the TigerID Wizard on the TigerWeb login page.
- Be sure to type all information into the login box. Copying it in or using "autofill" can sometimes add hidden characters.
- You can try another browser or clear your cache on the browser you're using. Computers sometimes "remember" previous old or incorrect entries. To bring up the "clear cache" menu on most browsers, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete at the same time. Here is a link to a pdf with complete instructions: How to Clear Your Browser Cache.
- If you think you may have gotten locked out after too many attempts, please try again in 30 minutes.
If none of this helps, we encourage you to submit a Tech Support Help Request.