Answered By: Amy Campbell Last Updated: Apr 25, 2018 Views: 58
TigerWeb normally displays this error if there is a problem with your TigerID or password. (Also, part-time campus employees will see this message if their contract has expired.)
- Did you use any special characters (such as *) in your password? The TigerID Wizard sometimes allows incorrect passwords to be created, but TigerWeb will then reject those passwords.
Make sure your password meets all these requirements:
• You may use 8 to 16 characters.
• You should include all three of these:
· lowercase letter
· uppercase letter
• It isn't required, but you may also use certain special characters;
however, DO NOT use any of these: ( ) * ! # \ $ _- . @ & %
• Do not use any part of your name or your birth date in your password.
- Make sure you are logging in with your correct TigerID (and not your A-number). For example, if you requested an official change of your name in our records, your TigerID may have been recently changed to match. You can look up your TigerID by using the Tiger ID Wizard on the TigerWeb login page.
- Be sure to type all information into the login box. Copying it in or using "autofill" can sometimes add hidden characters.
- You can try another browser or clear your cache on the browser you're using. Computers sometimes "remember" previous old or incorrect entries. To bring up the "clear cache" menu on most browsers, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete at the same time. Here is a link to a pdf with complete instructions: How to Clear Your Browser Cache.
- If you think you may have gotten locked out after too many attempts, please try again in 30 minutes.
If none of this helps, we encourage you to submit a Tech Support Help Request.