Answered By: Brittany Richardson Last Updated: Mar 25, 2015 Views: 170
To add page numbers to your paper in Microsoft Word follow these steps:
1. Click the "Insert" tab at the top of the document.
2. Select "Page Number"
3. Choose the location and type of page number you want. This may depend on the style of your paper (MLA, APA, etc.). For example, for an MLA paper select "Top of Page" then "Plain Number 3" where the number is aligned on the right hand side of the page.
4. Now that the page number is in place, you can add your name in front of the number, change the font, and font size as needed.
5. To exit the header where the page number is located, click on "Header Footer Design" and "Close Header and Footer."
6. To edit a page number again, click on the "Insert" tab, then "Header" and select "Edit Header" from the drop down menu.
For more help use the links below.