Answered By: Brittany Richardson Last Updated: Aug 31, 2015 Views: 77
Students who violate campus traffic and parking regulations will receive a written citation. Students may appeal citations following the steps below.
TICKET APPEAL STEPS
- Students may contest the citation by submitting appropriate documentation within a seventy-two (72) hour period (Saturdays and Sundays excepted.)
- Appeal forms are available in the Student Government Office and the Office of the Vice-President of Student Affairs. The Campus Police do not handle appeals due to a conflict of interest.
- The appeal form must be completed with the proper return address, a copy of the student’s parking decal and the ticket in question attached to the appeal form.
- The appeal will be viewed and ruled upon by the Chief Justice of the Student Government Association.
- The Chief Justice of the SGA or the secretary of Student Affairs will email the student with the decision concerning the appeal.
- A copy of the appeal form stating the decision of the Chief Justice will be mailed to the individual making the appeal.
- The Chief Justice's decision is final.
- Students should retain the copy of the appeal form returned to them showing denial or approval in case future questions arise about the disposition of the ticket.
- Disabled (handicapped) parking violations are governed by state law and are not administered by the college. There is no college appeal process for a disabled parking violation.
Taken from the Chattanooga State Community College Student Handbook: http://www.pageturnpro.com/Chattanooga-State/19125-Student-Handbook/index.html#34