Answered By: Kisha Caldwell Last Updated: Jun 07, 2015 Views: 520
Based on the 4.0 Scale
- A = 4 quality points
- B = 3 quality points
- C = 2 quality points
- D = 1 quality point
- F = 0 quality points
Example of Calculating Your "Quality Points"
- A(4) x 3 credit hours = 12 quality points
- A(4) x 4 credit hours = 16 quality points
- B(3) x 2 credit hours = 6 quality points
- C(2) x 3 credit hours = 6 quality points
40 quality points divided by 12 credit hours = 3.33 GPA
You can use our GPA calculator as well.
Chattanooga State calculates both a "college only" and a "combined" grade point average.
- The college-only GPA consists of hours taken in college-level courses. The college-only GPA is used to calculate the GPA required for graduation and to determine honor status.
- The combined GPA includes hours taken in both college-level and developmental/remedial courses. The combined GPA determines suspension, probation, eligibility for financial aid, and athletic eligibility.
- Additionally, the GPA for the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship is calculated to determine potential scholarship eligibility. All grades including transfers, repeats, and withdrawals are used to determine eligibility.
Satisfactory/No Credit: Chattanooga State may offer selected courses on a competency-based grading system indicated by S/N, Satisfactory/No Credit. A course graded "S" calculates in attempted and earned hours; a course graded "N" calculates in attempted hours only. Neither "S" nor "N" is used in calculating the GPA.
Comments and Suggestions (0)