Answered By: Brad McCormick Last Updated: Jun 21, 2016 Views: 255
Chattanooga State has an open-door admission policy. The College is open to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or physical, mental, or educational disability. Admissions requirements and procedures vary, depending on the student’s goals and classification. For more details, visit our Admissions page at http://www.chattanoogastate.edu/admissions.
The following apply to all applicants:
- Applicants should meet physical standards appropriate to their occupational choices. The College can deny admission to anyone whose test scores, general character record, or physical condition do not predict collegiate success.
- An admission application is not complete until the Admissions Office has received all required documents. An applicant may be denied admission until all are received.
- Selective Service Requirements: males between 18 and 26 must certify that they have registered for the draft before they can register for classes.
- All entering students born after 1956 will be asked to prove that they have been immunized with two MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccines unless contraindicated because of pregnancy, allergy to a vaccine component, or other documented medical reason.
- The General Assembly of the State of Tennessee mandates that each student entering Chattanooga State for the first time be given information concerning Hepatitis B infection. The Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form should be printed, completed, and returned to the Enrollment Services Center. Registration will be restricted until the form is received.
- All entering students born after 1979 must ALSO provide proof of two doses of the Chickenpox vaccine, proof of immunity, or medical exemption. For a link to the Certificate of Immunization form, go to Admissions and Records forms.
In addition to the admission requirements/procedures listed above, some programs have extra requirements, procedures, and deadlines. See specific program information in the "Career Programs" section of the catalog for more information.
Comments and Suggestions (0)