Answered By: Amy Campbell Last Updated: Jun 12, 2018 Views: 142
The Chattanooga State library has access to E-books (mostly scholarly books and some award-winning fiction) through the EBSCOhost databases. You can download and view the online books on your e-reader, tablet, or smartphone if you are able to install the Bluefire Reader app or the EBSCO E-book app (how-to video) on your device. You will also need to use or create an Adobe ID to use your app with EBSCOhost ebooks.
Please note, however, that at this time Kindle devices are not officially supported by EBSCOhost. However, you can save EBSCO eBooks as PDF files. Using Amazon's Send to Kindle options, you can then send your saved EBSCO eBook pages in PDF format to any Kindle eReader device or Kindle app on iPhone or Android devices, or read them using Kindle for the Chrome browser.
To download a book from EBSCOhost eBooks:
- Go to the ChattState library catalog on your tablet or other mobile device.
- Search and find the E-book you want.
- Click View this eBook.
- Enter the Chattanooga St. email and password for off-campus access to EBSCOhost database.
- eBook record reappears.
- Click Download.
- A box then asks for your EBSCOhost username and password for off-campus access. This is the same TigerID and password that you use for logging into TigerWeb.
- When you see the words “Open in”, click the Bluefire button.
- It will next ask you for your Adobe ID. Type in your Adobe ID and the book should open.
Comments and Suggestions (0)