Answered By: Amy Campbell Last Updated: Sep 08, 2015 Views: 45
If you downloaded and installed your free copy of Office through your TigerMail Office 365 account, the most likely cause of this problem is that your copy of Office hasn't been activated correctly. This typically happens because the wrong email address was entered on the activation form and/or "personal" account was incorrectly selected instead of "work" account.
To correctly activate your new copy of Office:
- Open any Word file (.docx) with your new copy of Office (Word 2013 for Windows or Word 2016 for Mac).
- Click on File in the top menu, then click on Account (near the bottom of the choices).
- Click on either Enter Product Key or Change Product Key (whichever one shows up under the Office logo).
- In the pop-up box that appears, select Enter your existing account information instead.
- In the next box, enter your full TigerMail address. (If you aren't sure of your TigerMail address, open your TigerMail and click on the person icon in the top right corner. It will display your correct email address.)
- When asked, be sure to specify that this is a work account.
- If you are asked to enter an account password, you must enter your TigerID (TigerWeb) password.
This should correctly activate your downloaded copy of Office. If it doesn't, please call Student Tech Support at 423-697-5595 or submit a Help Request form.