Answered By: Susan Jennings Last Updated: May 08, 2019 Views: 453
Students who violate campus traffic and parking regulations will receive a written citation (typically a yellow sheet with the Chattanooga State name on it). Students may appeal citations following the steps below.
TICKET APPEAL STEPS
- Students may contest the citation by submitting appropriate documentation within a seventy-two (72) hour period (Saturdays and Sundays excepted.)
- Appeal forms are available in the Campus Police Office
- The appeal form must be completed with the proper return address, a copy of the student’s parking decal and the ticket in question attached to the appeal form.
- The appeal will be viewed and ruled upon by the Chief Justice of the Student Government Association.
- The Chief Justice of the SGA will issue a written decision within ten (10) days of the date the appeal is submitted.
- A copy of the appeal form stating the decision of the Chief Justice will be mailed to the individual making the appeal.
- The Chief Justice's decision is final.
- Students should retain the copy of the appeal form returned to them showing denial or approval in case future questions arise about the disposition of the ticket.
- Disabled (handicapped) parking violations are governed by state law and are not administered by the college. There is no college appeal process for a disabled parking violation.
Taken from the Chattanooga State Community College Student Handbook p. 67
Comments and Suggestions (0)