Answered By: Brad McCormick Last Updated: Jan 13, 2019 Views: 52
Chattanooga State welcomes students from all cultures. For specific questions, please call the Multicultural Office at 423-697-3371.
International Student Requirements: (See International Students in the college catalog.)
- Meet all requirements for admission as a degree-seeking student.
- Meet language proficiency (see below).
- Non-U.S. transcripts must be translated to English before they are submitted.
- Furnish evidence of financial capability.
- Provide medical certification verifying freedom from tuberculosis & have medical and hospitalization insurance.
Language Proficiency: (See English Language Proficiency in the college catalog.)
- Submit a valid* TOEFL score (minimum = 500/paper based, or 61/Internet-based). The TOEFL must have been taken in the past two years.
- Provide an official transcript documenting graduation from an approved U.S. high school with a regular high school diploma or approved high school equivalency (administered in English).
- Provide an official transcript documenting satisfactory completion (grade C or better) in college-level English Composition I from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
- Students under 21 are assessed for Transitional Studies according to ACT/SAT scores.
- Students over 21, GED students, and international students have the option of using ACT/SAT or Chattanooga State placement test scores (if taken within the past 3 years).
Comments and Suggestions (0)