Answered By: Andrew James Catalano Last Updated: Aug 17, 2021 Views: 372
Direct Link to Tiger Alert
All students registered for classes in the current semester are automatically enrolled in Tiger Alert as soon as the previous semester ended. Current students will receive email alerts to their TigerMail address, and if they included a cell phone number on their application, they will receive a text alert.
NOTE: They must have designated the phone number as CELL, not HOME. Current students can also add other cell phone numbers (their parents, etc.) by logging in to their Tiger Alert (RAVE Mobile) account.
IMPORTANT: A student's Rave password is NOT the same as their TigerID password. They'll need to set one up. (See instructions below.)
Students who are NOT registered for the current semester will NOT receive alerts, even if they try to set up a Tiger Alert account. Students NEVER should click on the Register button on the Rave Login page to sign up for Tiger Alert. Any accounts added this way will be stripped from the system that night.
Also, if a student takes a semester off, even summer semester, they will be removed from the alert system that semester and then will be added back in as a new account when they return, so any additional phone numbers will need to be added back in.
How to log into your Tiger Alert account and add an additional cell phone number:
- Log into TigerWeb at https://tigerweb.chattanoogastate.edu.
- Look for the box near the top of the page labeled Emergency Alert Notification System. Click on the tiger head, which will take you to https://www.getrave.com/login/chattanoogastate.
- Click on Forgot Password (under the Password box).
- In the FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD pop-up box, it will say "To change your password, please enter your Rave Username." For students, your username is your full TigerMail address: TigerID@my.chattanoogastate.edu (Be sure to include the dot after “my”!).
You MUST use your full TigerMail address, not just your TigerID.
- Go back to TigerWeb and click the blue tiger paw to go your TigerMail. Look for the email from Rave which contains a link.
- Click the link in the Rave email to go to a page where you can set up a new password. Enter a strong password--it doesn't have to be the same as your TigerID password, but it can be.
- Now when you click on the tiger head in TigerWeb, you’ll be able to log into the Tiger Alert system with your TigerMail address and Tiger Alert password.
- On the My Account tab you can add a cell phone number or a personal email address if you wish. When adding a cell phone number, a verification text message will be sent to you to complete the setup.