Answered By: Amy Campbell Last Updated: Jun 08, 2018 Views: 440
(Note: For full information on how to download your free copy of Office, go to Office for Free.)
Problem: If you downloaded and installed your free copy of Microsoft Office through your TigerMail Office 365 account, you may find that within a month or two you can no longer create or edit any documents. A common reason is that the copy of Office was not activated with your TigerMail address. This typically happens if the wrong email address was accidentally entered on the activation form and/or "personal" account was incorrectly selected instead of "work" account. This is often a problem on Windows 10 computers because Windows 10 wants to automatically use your personal Microsoft account instead of your school account.
Solution: To correctly activate your new copy of Office:
- Open any Word file (.docx) with your new copy of Office (Microsoft Word).
- Click on File in the top menu, then click on Account (near the bottom of the choices). NOTE: Under the Office logo, it should say "Subscription Product Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus". If it doesn't, see the end of this article for how to get help.
- Click on either Enter Product Key or Change Product Key (whichever one shows up under the Office logo).
- In the pop-up box that appears, select Enter your existing account information instead.
- In the next box, enter your full TigerMail address. (If you aren't sure of your TigerMail address, open your TigerMail and click on the person icon in the top right corner. It will display your correct email address.)
- When asked, be sure to specify that this is a work account.
- If you are asked to enter an account password, you must enter your TigerID (TigerWeb) password.
This should correctly activate your downloaded copy of Office. If it doesn't, please call Student Tech Support at 423-697-5595 or submit a Help Request form.
Comments and Suggestions (1)
- I hit the wrong button this was AMAZING im so sorry